Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A Day In The Life - 01/11/2011: My Car Is Talking To Me

My car is possessed! It started talking to me. actually it was only the front drivers side wheel well that has been talking to me lately. It was saying, "Something is wrong with me. Please check." It would make the weirdest clunking noises when I was driving along. I had done the brakes recently so I guessed that I had done something wrong.
I finally took the time to jack up the car and pull off the wheel to see what was happening and sure enough, I had not tightened one of the bolts that holds the caliper unit in place and so the housing would clunk back into place after I had braked.
I got that all fixed up and took it out for a spin and it sounded great and worked fine.
Then, a couple of days later it begins talking to me again. What! I just fixed that! But this time it was a different sound. Same wheel well but a different sound. Not a clunk of metal but a rub. So, again, after driving it all day and trying to figure out want it was, I got home and was ready to once again pull off the tire, it dawned on me - and I reached in behind the wheel and pulled out my work light that I had hung in the wheel well to work on the first problem.
Well, I guess that I need to get another light. And maybe get the latest brain update while I am at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment