Thursday, February 24, 2011

A Day In The Life - 02/24/2011: Trees In The Ground

If you have been following this blog you already know that I bought these trees back in the fall and finally brought them home about two weeks ago. So it was time to get them in the ground. The holes were already excavated and just waiting for a dog or a kid to fall in. And I was getting pretty tired of watering these thing by hand every day.
The first task was to get over to the nursery and get some composed soil to add to the bottom of the pit with a little lawn fertilizer. We want these babies to THRIVE!
Then stick the tree into the pit and start filling in the holes. (No one will find the bodies now.)
Finally the trees are in the yard. Wait! In every job that I ever did, it was not a good thing to to have stuff left over but there is a whole bunch of dirt still around. I guess I'll have to load it into the planter next to the shed.
I also got the automatic watering set up for these critters as well. We are cooking with gas!

No comments:

Post a Comment