Saturday, July 17, 2010

A Day In The Life - 7/05: I thought I Would Never See The Day

This is a picture that I thought you would never see. Me, with my minty white, hairless programmer's legs which have not seen the light of day in about 40 years (except for a rare swimming expedition). But when we were in Dallas I saw Bo in a pair of shorts with legs that looked just like mine. So, while we were in Carlsbad Ben and Jenn made a stop for some stuff at Wal-Mart and I saw a pair that were long enough and had cargo pockets, which I am a big fan of - lots of places to put my stuff. So, I took the plunge and got a pair and actually put them on and went out in public.
Then I remembered why I don't do shorts. Originally I quit wearing shorts because dirt bike riding was just too hard on the knees without some denim between the knee and the dirt I was falling into, or between the leg and the exhaust pipe. But today's concern is that I am already chilly at most people's comfort zone so adding exposed legs in, say, a theater, is a bad idea.
So I will probably get a couple more pair of them but they will remain clothing for bike riding, hiking and other outdoor activities when it is over 100 degrees (which happens all of the time in Arizona.) Although, considering my record for falling off of bicycles recently, perhaps that is not the wisest decision. Stay tuned for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment