Friday, April 22, 2011

A Day In The Life - 04/22/2011: New Glass

I think that this must have been the first time in my live that I was glad that a salesman came to my door. About a month ago (or 2 or 3) I was coming back from a trip to Tucson when I picked up several flying rocks and got two new chips and a nice little crack. I knew that I needed to call the insurance people but it kept slipping my mind. And then this guy shows up at the door trying to gather glass replacement work.
I think I probably shocked him when I said I was sure glad to see him. :) And, as you probably expected, he made the calls to the insurance and did all of the work - all I had to do was confirm a couple of things with the insurance people on the phone (which he dialed). So then the replacement guy shows up this morning, got out his tool and cut the piece of glass out and had the new one in and sealed in no time at all. And I believe that he probably did an extra careful job since I was not only standing out watching what he was doing (purely out of curiosity) but I was taking pictures. And it is a great job as well with no leaks, etc. And such a nice clear window to look out of, now that the sand-blasted one has been replaced.

No comments:

Post a Comment