Sunday, October 03, 2010

A Day In The Life - 10/03: Why Me?

Why Me?! I don't understand how this happened. Gaye loves the animals. She talks to them, pets them feeds them, talks to them some more ... and they want nothing much to do with her.
Me? I growl at them, tell them to go lay down or to get lost. I ignore them whenever possible. When they do something they shouldn't, I discipline them. (They hate getting the Gibbs head slap.)
But when I sit down to watch some television, who do they come to? I really, really wish I could tell you that they go and leave fur all over her clothes. But, no such luck. Itchy brother, not pictured here, is usually curled around my neck leaving dark hair all over my shirt, which is usually white or light colored. Great White Brother comes and lays down next to my dark pants. Next he drapes a paw over my leg. Eventually he must rest his head on my leg. Finally he just gets bold and climbs up into my lap and nuzzles me to scratch him, as he releases every light-colored bit of hair he has been growing since the dog last chased him around the yard. And the dog. She is usually not this bold and remains on the floor. But, I guess that is the reason for this photo. There is only one solution that I can think of. I am just going to have to start liking them so they'll go away!

No comments:

Post a Comment