Wednesday, December 01, 2010

A Day In The Life - 12/01/2010: Weird Lettuce

 I was out working in the garden today and admiring how well my winter crop was doing when I began to look more closely at how things were growing. You see, I had purchased seeds from a new nursery than usual and this nursery carries a variety of "different" vegetable plants. You know, round zucchini, red carrots and the like.
So I took a closer look at the lettuce. I had planted three different varieties. Two of them looked fairly "normal" as plants go. On seemed to sort of be head-shaped and the other was more like romaine - tall and leafy. But it was the third one shown to the left here that caught my attention.
As I started stripping some leaves off to bring in for salad I noticed that this set of plants were almost like vines. Weird!

No comments:

Post a Comment