Tuesday, December 28, 2010

A Day In The Life - 12/28/2010: It Was A "Knife" Thing To Do

I'm not certain how I became a knife person. Perhaps it was the idea I got as a cub scout that you needed a knife to be prepared. A knife is sure handy to have around when there is a task to be done. You can often aviod doing that task by getting out your knife and carving on something or even looking like you're whittling.

So, here in the picture above we have my knives.
The top two I made while working with the Varsity scouts to make theirs.
The small one on the lower left I collected for the mountain man rendezvous and is actually an old fashioned pair of scissors. But it will still poke you really good if you're not careful.
The one next to the scissors is an old one that has a screw driver and a couple of blades. I think it was supposed to hang on your key ring.
The next three are the same version of Swiss knife that I have carried for years. It has a couple of blades, a pair of scissors, a pair of tweezers and a tooth pick. These are the un-losable knives. They leep falling out of my pockets here and there but always seem to turn up. The blue on is a Word Perfect labeled knife that was sent to me about the time that Jennie was born. It has a crease in one side where, when it was on walk-about it ended up under the Lazy boy and someone rocked on it. The black one is a Scitor branded knife that Ben gave me.
Then there is the end knife. Ben gave that one to me for Christmas this year. I think he is either trying to break me away from Victorinox by giving me a better Buck, or weigh me down so I can't beat him at racing, because I now carry two knives in my pocket. Sorry, but I need a pair of scissors now and then to clip a stray thread or to clip a fractured fingernail. so, please, be "knife" to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment