Tuesday, May 10, 2011

A Day In The Life - 05/10/2011: Faster Than A Speeding Bullet

 I decided to drop the car off to Gaye at work and ride my bike home. The Tempe canal runs about a half mile from her work along the 101 freeway until it runs into the Western Canal that runs between Guadalupe and Elliot back to home. So I pop on over and catch it at Southern and then rode to Country Club and on home.
As usual, I started my Run Keeper app on my phone to track my distance and speed as well as my route. My eyes nearly popped out when I stopped and checked out my phone when I got home.
As you can see, in about 47 minutes I rode 571.58 miles for an average speed of 450.76 mph. That  must have been a really good tail hurricane! And I only burned 322 calories for all that effort!
I am really glad that I took a picture of this because when I went back to the app later, if had re-done the math and everything was back to normal for a ride of about 7 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment