Wednesday, May 18, 2011

A Day In The Life - 05/18/2011: Gardening Is For The Birds

One of the major battles of gardening is getting most of the produce for yourself. For some reason we become great friends of bird and bug when we grow gardens. The story of the Little Red Hen should have had a Dove and a Sparrow and a Caterpillar . . . and the Little Red Hen should have been me (or a spider, because they are the only ones that seem to be on my side!)
So, over to the garden shop I went but all they had was a 24' x 24' piece of bird netting. I took it. Although my little patch of dirt . . . straw is only about 8' x 8', with the stakes sticking up and assuming that I will need some room to get around under there to gather some of that produce that is waiting for me, I draped the bird netting over the garden, Now I am waiting to harvest some birds along with my produce.

No comments:

Post a Comment