Saturday, November 05, 2011

A Day In The Life - 07/14/2011: The Garden Takes Over

I knew it was inevitable. The surprise was who the perpetrator was. I kind of expected the tomatoes to muscle the other plants out. Or, perhaps the squash would out-root the others. But those Armenians are really sneaky. First they wandered through the other plants - from the right side of the row to the left and when they met the bird net it was up to the sky. But as that take over was completed, they reached out to the right and across the path to the other bird netted side then again to the top. But was that enough?! Not for those seedy guys. Across the holding ropes they went to take over the other rows as well. Overhead they wandered until I had cucumbers dangling inside and out, up and down,big, small and curly. Sometimes I even had to fight my way in because it was growing over the door so much. It will be too bad when I have to cut this all down?

How the cucumbers took over the garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment