Thursday, November 04, 2010

A Day In The Life - 11/04/2010: Aliens Invade the Garden

This year I decided to once again attempt to grow something that I couldn't see. Yup. These things grow under the ground where you can't see how big they are. You never can quite tell if they are "done" yet.
Not only did I plant carrots, I chose a variety pack of seeds which contained multi-colored varieties.
In order to determine how far along the multi-colored carrots were, I determined that it was about time to thin the rows. I always plant a couple of seeds in every hole. you know - one for me, one for the birds and bugs. But when too many survive you just have to get real gutsy and yank out a few.
So, killing two stones with one bird, I pulled a few carrots to see how Mary's garden grows. As all can see, these are very colorful (yellow, red and orange) and still very small. I can't wait to get the real thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment