Sunday, November 14, 2010

A Day In The Life - 11/14/2010: The Broken Bike

It is Saturday. I have some training meetings at the church four miles away and no car. Gaye is out getting her hair done and running errands. But I do have a bicycle that I have not used nearly enough lately. So I hopped on the bike and headed off to my meeting, arriving in plenty of time. Gaye joins me for the second meeting and brought the bike rack. But it is such a short ride I insisted on riding home also. About a mile from the church disaster strikes. The chain comes off of the derailer and jams between the derailer and the frame. And it is dark. I can't really see what has happened. Oh, yes - I am in a white shirt and tie. So I am not looking to get grease all over my hands and clothes as well. Just then, Gaye drives by and seeing this guy stuck on the side of the rode, she pulls over. I toss the bike into the trunk and we are off. Now to get the bike over to the shop for cable adjustment. Fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment