Friday, November 19, 2010

A Day In The Life - 11/19/2010: Got Myself Into A Hole

 Actually, I have gotten myself into three holes. You see, back around Veteran's day I was out wandering around at Moon Valley Nursery on Arizona Avenue just south of the 202 checking out what kind of shape their mesquites were in. I mentioned that I was interested in getting three of them and he told me that they had a sale on - three of the 15-gallon critters for just $299. Well, I just told him that wouldn't do it. I could get them for $40 apiece down the street. Well, he wasn't to be had by his competitors so he just challenged me with, "I will price match that." and that was how I got three trees. And the best part is that they will hold them up to several months while I dig the holes for them. I had guys do the digging before and they make a hole barely the size of the bucket in the hard soil of Arizona, leaving no place for the roots to establish themselves before having to dig their way into that stuff. So I am doing the grunt labor a bit each day. You can see two holes in this photo of the west side of the yard - one in the foreground and the other down at the other end of the yard.
And to treat ourselves after such hard work, Gaye and I went to a movie. This one, named RED (Retired - Extremely Dangerous) was a hoot! It was a funny show about these retired CIA guys who are put on somebody's hit list. Perhaps it is funny because these guys could be my parents. Or maybe it is because these are guys who have been big names in Hollywood and are getting on the gray side. Like Morgan Freeman, Richard Dreyfus, Bruce Willis and a few others.
Anyway, I recommend it, whatever that is worth.

No comments:

Post a Comment