Monday, November 22, 2010

A Day In The Life - 11/22/2010: A Day Of Ease And Friendship

 A day of ease. It began about 6:00 am when the alarm began buzz, buzz, buzzing. A day off from work is not all that it is cracked up to be sometimes. I still get to kick off a bunch of jobs to run each morning and another one each evening. But that is so trivial I just can;t push it off on someone else at work unless I am really out of touch, meaning on the road and no connectivity. So I was up early, read and cleaned up my email, drove Gaye to work, stopped by Home Depot to get some painting supplies, worked on this blog, worked in the shed on another gourd project, worked in the garden (got a white carrot and four peas this morning), dug some more on my tree holes, read an ebook watched an hour of TV while I ate lunch and took a really long look at the things that were on Gaye's to-do list. That last one wore me out. So I went and picked up Gaye from school, picked up my bike from the shop (at no cost - love that life-time warranty), worked some more on my latest gourd project and ate dinner.
 Gaye was out running some errands when an amazing thing happened. The door bell rang. That seldom happens at our house. Our friends and family know that you just walk in, or if you are timid, you knock and walk in. Unless you are a sales man or the UPS guy, you don't ring the door bell. But sometimes we have trouble training some people. So when Delta, the dog, and I answered the door, both of us ready to attack, there was not a uniform or magazine to be attacked. It was the Reeds. OK, it was 2/3s of the Reeds. Haley and Whitney were there with Daryn and Doug and two packages in hand.
What a surprise! They had made us some of their most delicious cookies to eat (the sweetness of the season) and then, in the wonderful green (one of my favorite colors) bag, sticks of cinnamon (the aromas). It smelled so heavenly. I immediately wanted some hot cider to dip one of those sticks in. But I don't think that the cookies will last long enough for that to happen. I see some desperate bike riding in my future. Yum.
I am off to work on a bathroom painting and then to a new book. I think that the end of this day will be very late.

No comments:

Post a Comment