Saturday, December 10, 2011

9/3: The Holiday Continues

It is 4:45 am on a holiday weekend. My eyes pop open. I am wide awake yet it is still dark outside. It is too early to do anything in the yard but there is no going back to sleep. So I get up and work on the computer fro an hour. At 6:00 am I get dressed and go out and spray the weeds which are still proliferating from the recent rains. At 7:00 am I am the first person at the nursery nearby. I wander through the plant displays dreaming of the day when I can scrape together enough money to finish up our yard so that we could actually invite people over to eat and enjoy the great spring and fall weather that we have here in Arizona. Did you know that there are at least seven different varieties of Lantana . . . I think it is Lantana. You know, those yellow-flowered plants that you see all over? They also so come in white, blue, lavender, red, pink and a purple or pink with a white center. But today I am there to get mulch and lawn fertilizer. $67 worth of mulch and lawn fertilizer. Ouch! Gardening in Arizona has got to produce some of the most expensive vegetable known to man. But I digress.
By 8:00 am I am home and hauling stuff around to the back. But not before I discover that the wheel barrow not only has a flat tire but also that most of the bolts are loose. I hook up the right attachment to the compressor and get out the wrench and soon the beast is moving bags of stuff to the back yard smooth and easy. Then it is time to get ready to clean the church building. We could not attend the Hartford Ward trip to Snow Flake, Arizona to go to the temple so we help out by covering cleaning the building while the others ore out of town.
Well that was enough for one morning. I am worn out just typing all that stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment