Monday, December 12, 2011

A Day In The Life - 10/14/2011: Riding The Waves

 I almost forgot another very fun activity on our trip to the South - The beach bikes. They were very different than I had expected. You see, I was hoping for something that we could ride on the sand - you know, like on the beach!
 But these beach bike don't roll down the beach at all. You paddle them across the water. And it was hard! I nearly broke a nail or got a cramp.
 And to top it off, you had to get it out into deep enough water that it did not bottom out on the sand bars below. And being in my traditional long pants with the bottoms rolled up, I was trying my best to get going without being entirely soaked. I wasn't entirely successful.
 But we finally set sail . . . or should I say, set feet. And we are pedaling like mad and hardly going anywhere at all. And when you want to turn it takes for ever. It was very fun.
 I think that we made it out about a hundred yards or so to a buoy and then another hundred yards to another buoy before heading back.
 Don't we look warn out? Totally wasted?
Drew is even listing to one side. I think his leg went to sleep from the hard seats.

No comments:

Post a Comment