Thursday, December 08, 2011

A Day In The Life - 10/15/2011: The Shed

 One of the best places that we visited while on this little jaunt to Mississippi was to a place called The Shed. It was totally a back country BBQ place. The building was built from scraps of stuff found in junkyards and lying around. We arrived around 5:30 and there was already a line of people. But the line moved fast and soon we had a plate of whatever kind of pork or beef we preferred. I got a half rack of baby back ribs. They were so good that I probably could have eaten about three full racks. They were fall-off-the-bone tender and done just right - not too sweet and good quality meats. Yum, yum, yum.
And to top it off, they have this outdoor stage where live bands come and play. The guys who were playing when we were there were real backwoods country music people. The sample below was just one sample of what we got to hear and not nearly the best of it all. The only unfortunate thing was that we had to leave way earlier than I wanted to because we had been gone all day and the dogs probably needed to be let out of the house. Do you know that they wouldn't even go home to let them out and come back to get me? I tell you, though - if I am ever back anywhere within a 100 miles of that place, I am going back 'cause it was just plain old good stuff.

Some music from THE SHED. Notice the itty bitty girl out on the dance floor trying desperately to twirl. She was as much fun to watch as the band. Actually, this was a slow song. Wish I could have recorded more but couldn't stay but my opinion is that this was the least of their music. It was a very fun adventure. Thanks, Drew and Beth for taking us there.

No comments:

Post a Comment