Thursday, September 16, 2010

A Day In The Life - 9/16: Miracle Mile Deli

Today I got to go out to lunch. I seldom go somewhere for lunch. I prefer to eat at my desk - all day long. It is so much more satisfying to munch something whenever I get the urge. I also get some perverse satisfaction from leaving an hour earlier than the others who came in at the same time I did but took a lunch break.
But today I took a lunch. I had finally hooked up with my friend, Loren Jepson, and we picked a spot somewhere between our two work places. He works out on the west side of Phoenix and I work near the south east side of Phoenix, so Camelback Road and 20th Street seemed like a good place to enjoy some time talking and eating without making the travel prohibitive. And Miracle Mile Deli is a good place to do it. The sandwiches are thick with meat and dressings and hot off the grill. (I am making myself hungry just thinking about it. I had the New Yorker.) The drinks are cold and the prices are fair for the fare. Yum! So we talked for an hour or so and caught up with each other's activities. It was money and time well spent.

No comments:

Post a Comment