Saturday, September 04, 2010

A Day In The Life - 9/4: Too Much Holiday?

I am only into the second day of my holiday weekend and I am already wearing blisters into my thumbs. It has been my habit on more than one holiday to damage myself severely. I enjoy the time out doing things that I sun burn myself, get blisters, make myself sore from doing things I don't do all that often or simply sprain or twist something. (I save breakage for non-holiday time.)
Today was no different. I just love working in the yard and around the garden or in the shop. Today it was roto-tilling, spraying weeds, roto-tilling, hauling in bags of compost, more roto-tilling, mixing in fertilizer and then . . . more roto-tilling - until after 7 pm. I love holidays.
Jenn and the kids came up from Tucson but I never saw them. I was recuperating from my vigorous morning when they came. I missed seeing those kids. :(
But, all was not lost. The Great Gannon Get Away arrived and took us off to a very fun restaurant over on Val Vista and Baseline and then, to top it all off, they took us to another place near by called Ocean Blue where we got frozen yogurt or sherbet and then stuff to mix in and then toppings - any combination that you might be interested in. And it was the perfect end to a great meal. We sat outside on the benches nearby and talked and just enjoyed being together with great friends. How lucky are we?!

No comments:

Post a Comment