Tuesday, September 07, 2010

A Day In The Life - 9/7: Free Treats

There is nothing like free. A free day is wonderful. A free day that no one else has is even a bit better. A free day that no one else has off with a free treat is nearly unimaginable. But there it was, the Labor Day weekend come to an end. Everyone gone back to their jobs. Everyone, that is, except me. And I wasn't even unemployed! No - I was on VACATION! PTO! Holiday! It was simple mental bliss. I worked (the "W" word!) in the yard. I read books and ate ice cream. I watched some TV.I was free! When Gaye finally got off work we went to our Dave Ramsey Financial Peace University class and then went for a free treat at Culiver's near Baseline and Country Club Road in Mesa. And, you know - food just tastes better when it is free. Even if it is quite horrid, since it was free you have lost nothing at all, so even poorly made, poor tasting food is OK when it is free. But this food (the Cement Mixer) was fabulous. Another marvelous day in paradise.

No comments:

Post a Comment