Monday, September 06, 2010

A Day In The Life - 9/6: Oh, So Much Holiday

Today's project was to re-build my garden watering system and move it from a perimeter system spraying in towards the center to a single line down the center spraying out. I had almost all of the materials already (except some soaker hose) so it was pretty cheap to do. I was also able to salvage most of the old fittings, which is what I am doing in the picture to the left.
After that was all done I needed to spread the compost and then plant my seeds - spinach, lettuce, carrots, onions and three varieties of peas. I love peas and so do the kids and grand kids.




Whenever we take the dog out she has to race around the yard like her tail is on fire and then take a dive into the lawn with a few rolls to get all the itches out. Then it is off to chase her chew toy, She is just a little bit crazy. I need to figure a way to hook her up to a generator and harness some of that youthful energy.



Then we are off to Fat Burgers. It is by the AMC Grand theaters. We have a coupon and so two nice burgers, fries/onion rings and a couple of shakes runs us $10. And they were excellent burgers. We will have to try them out again.

No comments:

Post a Comment