Saturday, March 05, 2011

A Day in the Life - 03/05/2011: The Perfect Week

This was the perfect week. On Wednesday (3/2) Gaye and I got to have dinner with Norda Harder, a wonderful friend that we have not seen in 30 years. She and her sone were here in town. She was baptized while I was in Swizerland.
On Thursday Gaye and I went to the Temple to be with Tommy Gannon as he got to go through for the first time. That was magnificent.
On Friday I got a call from a lady (Elizabeth Stone) who told me that her husband (Jim Stone) had joined the church a couple of years ago and that it was because of me. We had worked together back when I was in high school and he was in college and I had invited him to come to our house and have Family Home Evening with us. It had stuck with him over the years and that with some other experiences had helped him to finally find the church.
Then on Saturday Gaye and I attended Emma's baptism. Ann Mellor, Gaye's mom and Bev and Steve Reiter, Jenn's parents, were there. It was a perfect situation. The music was I am a Child of God and I Believe In Christ. The talks were simple but inspired. It was the perfect opportunity for non-members to participate in. Afterward, as Gaye was riding over to Ben's house with her mom, she said, "Our churches are really a lot alike." BINGO! That is what we want them to understand. We are not that different from them - at least not as different as they hear from the rest of society. So it was just a great week.

1 comment:

  1. It was a PERFECT day and that is an adorable picture of my sweet girl! She is so blessed to have so many people that love her and wanted to be there for her very special day!

    ReplyDelete