Sunday, March 13, 2011

A Day In The Life - 03/13/2011: Tucson Book Festival

 One day was certainly not enough but two days were nearly enough to do me in. An hour before the classes begin life is beginning to stir at the Festival tents. The weather is perfect - at least for me, although I did hear several of the visitors complaining about how hot our 80 degree weather is. And I am just beginning to thaw out!
 I did win, however. Phil Varney has become quite a well known author of books about ghost towns. It has probably been about 30 years since I saw him last and we got to talk for a few minutes before the show started.
And one of the many, many entertainers of the children, young and old at the Festival. This was one of my favorites but I was sure glad that I was not wearing the suit that day. Then I would have been wishing it was cooler also.

No comments:

Post a Comment