Wednesday, March 09, 2011

A Day In The Life - 03/09/2011: The Light Rail

 I have been taking classes this week at Interface Technical Training in downtown Phoenix (Central and Osborn). I figured that, given the price of gas these days (about $3.50/gallon) that taking the Light Rail, which runs right by my training place, would be far cheaper than the 60-mile per day round trip. And since the Park and Ride on our end is about a mile from where Gaye teaches school anyway, she just dropped me off on her way and got me after school.
It was quite an experience for one who loves to be in control of everything. I would find a seat and then watch people and the places we were traveling by. Reading a book was out of the question. On the ride home I was usually able to get my evening job run for work which still allowed me to watch things around me as I was baby-sitting this job while it ran. I definitely need to do it more often so I get over the watching everything and can actually use the time to get something productive done.

No comments:

Post a Comment