Thursday, March 10, 2011

A Day In The Life - 03/10/2011: Dinner With a Stone

Yes, dinner with a stone. But not just any stone. This is Jim Stone. His wife, Elizabeth hunted me down. She is an investigator and does that kind of stuff for a living. Last week I got a call from her. She told me that her husband was Jim stone, had known me in Tucson a number of years ago and had joined the church because of me. [This is where I pick my jaw up off of the floor.]
So he and I agree to meet for dinner. And we talk about how life has been for each of us over the years. It has been surprisingly similar - work/school in Tucson, move to California, move back to Tucson, move to Mesa. Add in another term in Mesa/Phoenix in that and that is our story as well.
Then he tells us that he first got interested in the church when I invited him over to my parents home for dinner and Family Home Evening. And I gave him a Book of Mormon. He had a couple of other encounters with church people, some less positive, but eventually was in the right space to accept it and get baptized.
The whole evening was wonderful. It brought back so many memories of a great time of life. But, to tell you the truth, I don't remember that visit to the house. I do remember that I invited several people I knew at that time over for dinner and such. I definitely remember working with Jim. And I am certainly glad that I was doing my best to be a good friend to those around me. And it is really exciting that he has found the church.
Is this stuff cool or what!

No comments:

Post a Comment