Wednesday, March 16, 2011

A Day In The Life - 03/16/2011: A Killer Day

It is spring break. Gaye is out of school and I am using some vacation time. Sounds pretty good until we go to Home Depot to rent a few things, like a carpet cleaner for Gaye's use and a lawn dethatcher for my enjoyment.
While Gaye cleans carpets upstairs I am muscling this monster machine around the yard as it drags all of the old grass out from below the lawn. When I get done I now have tons of grass to rake up and put into the large green, hundred-gallon garbage can. Actually, there was so much of it that I filled the green can and half og the black garbage can.
But this was just the first four hours of our day of leisure.
Next, we took those two tools back and picked up a lawn air-ator. It is a nasty looking piece of machinery and about twice as heavy as the first ones. And it does not turn when it is working. When you need to turn it you pull in the clutch and raise the wheels up so that you can lift one end or the other to get it in line with your direction then put the wheels back up and let out the clutch . . . and hang on!
Between the two machines I got five blisters. Five! and now the yard looks like it is covered in dog poop! But now the water and fertilizer can get down to the roots and the lawn should do much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment