Saturday, August 14, 2010

Cats Like Cubbys

We have two cats, both male and brothers. We acquired them from the Shoemakers, who kept the other two siblings. And they act like brothers - always tumbling, chasing each other and sometimes fighting or one picking on the other. One is white. I have renamed him Great White Brother. Jennie had named him something else and since I can never remember it, he got a second name when she left home, abandoning her kittens, who lost their mittens.

The other cat is black and used to be named Sanka, like the guy from the movie Cool Running. He has been re-dubbed as Itchy Brother from a cartoon from my childhood. I think it was one of the side shows to Rocky and Bullwinkle. Leonardo and Itchy Brother, as I recall. He always wants to be scratched and is your best friend until you stop. Then he is off in search of the next set of wiggly fingers.
So, the question about the cubbys - is it because they are cats or because they are boys. I know that I like to cave - go out to my "cave" and work or off to my "cave" to read or watch a video - especially when there are lots of people around. So, maybe I'm part cat. It would explain the whiskers.

No comments:

Post a Comment