Wednesday, August 04, 2010

A Day In The Life - 8/2: Flowers

When I am at work I often take a break and walk around the complex (or a little father afield when I get carried away) and I enjoy checking out the types of plants and flowers that the various locations have planted that both look great with lots of flowers and still manage to survive the heat and scorching sun of Arizona. I keep hoping to someday get things together sufficiently enough to buy a bunch of plants and create a nice flower garden in the backyard. I have identified several varieties of Lantana, Buganvia, some sort of orange/yellow Bottlebrush-looking thing. And then there is this one to the left. I don't know what it is but it stays nice and green all year, seems to do well in the heat, and here it is July and there are lots of flowers on the plant. This is one that I think I would like to add to my collection of probables for the yard. Can anyone identify it for me?

No comments:

Post a Comment