Wednesday, August 11, 2010

A Day In The Life - 8/11: Beginning of School Tradition

Hurray! Her first day of school went perfectly. She has some of her previous first graders in her class. Sara, one of the other teachers, is helping her to get oriented to how third grade works. All went well. And when I came to pick her up from school, we have a great and long-standing tradition that must be strictly adhered to on the first school day of each year - going out to a nice dinner so that she doesn't have to cook. So we went to the Landmark. It is a wonderful old restaurant which has recently been updated with new wall paper and decor. The food is still spectacular, as you can see. The salad room is a myriad of tastes and colors so I simply had to try a little bit of everything. And I did. Including the quail eggs. And that was before the 14 oz steak with the mashed sweet potato and onion rings, etc. Yum! Oh, just roll me out and juice me!

No comments:

Post a Comment