Thursday, August 05, 2010

A Day In The Life - 8/4: What A Day!

I have been testing out the new phone for the past couple of days, trying to figure out where everything is an how it works. What a frustrating event! Of course, I took a few photos with the built-in 12Mp camera. I need to use the new features a lot better.
Quentin bought me the thumb drive at the left. It is actually much smaller than my thumb but the macro setting on the camera works just fine. This picture made me think back to Monday when Gaye realized that when we traded phones she had lost a voice mail from her Dad, who has since passed away. Having that voice mail, a message to her from her dad, was comforting to her. It made her cry that she had lost something that was so precious to her. So I went to the computer archives (thank heavens for backups) and found several audio files that I had made on a couple of visits with Gayle and Audrey that has him discussing different things with Gaye, Dawn and Gaylen. These won't replace what Gaye lost but at least she is not without the ability to listen to her dad's voice.
The lawn is mowed,
I need a chair.
I see a weed,
Sprouting up out there.

Get out the spray -
I'll kill that weed
Before it grows
And turns to seed!


Ariel and Jase are cooking together, making pies and soup using the dog's water and dirt from the play area. They will be sad if I ever get around to building my garden boxes.
Ariel is so creative and really uses that imagination. Paul and Jess brought the kids over for dinner . . . actually, we didn't have the kids for dinner, although they would have been very tasty. They ate a minuscule amount of dinner with us so that they could go play again.

Omah gives Hero a squeeze as she is rushing by on her way to somewhere. Many of the pictures that I took were way too blurry. I guess it is either flash (much too harsh) or perhaps the sport shot mode for this kid.

And to end it all, I was really frustrated. After taking all of those pictures I could not get my phone to connect to my computer so that I could get the pictures off of it. I tried a myriad of things on the phone, looked for instructions on-line and finally went to cool down by watching some TV. Then Quentin tried it and also failed. So, at his suggestion, we shut down the phone, pulled out the battery and the simm card then started it up again. This time when we connected it to the computer it connected just fine. Now I know why pirates said, "Aaarrr" all of the time - their Droids weren't working right! (Not to mention the scurvy.)

No comments:

Post a Comment