Monday, August 02, 2010

A Day In The Life - 7/31: Clean the Church Building

I think that there are a few things that inspire me to take a photo. Family is the first one. There is nothing like being able to remember family and friends - especially when death takes its toll. You just can't have too many pictures when that situation finally occurs. Another reason for me to take photos is to remember great places and events that I have seen. But one of the other reasons I take photos is because of things that make me chuckle.
Like this photo of Noor Sabbah as we cleaned the church building. Here he is with toilet paper (or probably paper towels) wrapped all around him as he cleans the glass in the building. This is one that should probably get posted on the church bulletin board.
This was my big workout day. Cleaning the church (two hours of pushing a vacuum around came after mowing and trimming two lawns. I get to do Mom and Dad's lawn while they are away in Idaho for the summer. So I am getting all of the exercise I can stand.)
And that was not the end of my fun for the day. Gaye and I went over to the Verizon store and got the new phones activated (applause here) and the great service people helped us transfer our data from our T-Mobile phones to our new DroidX phones. How thoughtful of them. They helped us with accessories and put the screen covers onto the phones for us. And this was not a quiet place. In fact, I don't think these people know what quiet is. They have been stand-in-line-and-wait-your-turn busy every time I have been there. So it was even more impressive to me that they took such good care of us and spent about an hour getting us all set up. If this is the norm, no wonder they are doing so well in the market place.

No comments:

Post a Comment